Training for teachers, senior managers, educators, school staff
Mindfulness – taster session
Inset day, half day training or twilight sessions,
- Learn about mindfulness and its background.
- Investigate the benefits of mindfulness for adult, young people and children.
- Review how Mindfulness works currently in education.
- Experience and investigate some formal mindfulness practices.
- Learn a few tools and techniques that can be incorporated into lessons.
Example of a day training introducing Mindfulness delivered in infant and primary schools
The training is in 3 stages/phases with resources to deliver mindful activities in the classroom
- Using the body to settle the mind
The training will cover ways to introduce Mindfulness in the classroom and lead short mindful practices to help children cope with stress and anxiety and develop their emotional regulation skills.
- Relating to oneself with compassion
The training will show ways to engage children in noticing and sharing to develop their awareness of emotions, thoughts and behaviour and practice the qualities of “Heartfulness” to nurture a positive class environment and healthy habit of the minds.
- Relating to others with empathy
The training will give opportunities to model practicing mindful communication and cooperation with the children to develop healthy relationships and conflict resolution skills in the classroom.
8 week program for teacher and staff in educational environment
.b Foundation course designed by MisP (Mindfulness in school Project) based on the MBSR and “Finding peace in a frantic world” book by Professor Mark Williams and Dr Danny Penman. Each weekly session lasts 90 minutes. It contains the following sessions:
- Waking up the autopilot
- Bringing curiosity to our experience
- Mindfulness in daily life
- Stepping back from thoughts and worries
- Exploring difficulties – building resilience
- Relating to ourselves and others
- Developing balance in our lives
- Mindfulness and the rest of your life
It is a chance to find some space and stillness in the midst of our busy minds and hectic lives, learn how the mind works, explore habitual patterns of thinking and behaviour, get to know oneself better, practice mindful communication and learn how to respond more skilfully to whatever life throw at us.