Course for children in infant and junior schools KS1 KS2
For children 5 till 11 years old
Mindfulness for kids
Class size or small groups
Training length depending on chosen program (6 to 10 weeks – once or twice a week – 15 to 30 minutes)
Most Mindfulness educational programs are based on Jon Kabat-Zinn 8 weeks MBSR (Mindfulness Base Stress Reduction) Mindfulness is taught through games, activities, instructions and sharing to:
- Develop concentration and concentrate on the now
- Learn about the brain and the mind
- Encourage children to observe their inner experience (their breathing, bodies, thoughts and feelings) and develop awareness of their emotions.
- Give them strategies to deal with unpleasant feelings, worries, and events that they cannot change in their lives.
- Show them how to respond, instead of react, and to develop a non-judgmental attitude towards their experiences.
- Teach them empathy and compassion towards themselves and others.
Course for young people in secondary schools KS3 KS4 KS5
Young people 11 till 18 years old
Mindfulness .b course
9 weekly lessons 45 minutes
Mindfulness is taught through visuals, videos, activities to bring it to life and different Mindfulness practices.
- It is an awareness raising exercise to give all students an opportunity to discover and practice mindfulness. It teaches them how their mind works, strategies to calm their mind, be aware of their emotions, relate to thoughts and see things more clearly. It provides realm tools to better cope with stress and anxiety and ways to respond rather than react to “unpleasant” situations. (learning to sit still and watch breathing, body, emotions)
Mindful exams workshops
6 weekly lessons 45 minutes
- Program designed specifically for the preparation of exams, an opportunity to understand how the body respond under stress and gain some strategies to manage exam pressure. It also includes skills for exam preparation (time management and revision skills) to reduce last minute exam stress as well as Mindfulness practices to calm the mind.